Celebrating 25 Years of Challenging Housing Discrimination
Donations of any amount are invited. Memberships begin at $35 a year and include invitations to private events, mailings, and more! See below for details.
Your donation will help people like Cicily Pippens. Ms. Pippens thought she found the perfect apartment for herself and her two children until the owner said that no kids could live in the building. Cicily went on with her search for housing and might have let the whole incident go had she not seen the Fair Housing Center’s classified ad in her local newspaper:
Housing Discrimination? Call the Fair Housing Center Toll free: 877-979-FAIR.
Cicily called our office; we took her complaint, sent out testers, and found strong evidence of bias against families with children. We met with Ms. Pippens and she elected to work with FHC Cooperating Attorney Steve Tomkowiak. Ms. Pippens accepted $20,000 to settle her familial status complaint.
Your contribution will support the daily classified ad that led Cicily Pippens to contact the Fair Housing Center. Your commitment to fair housing makes a real and lasting difference in your community.
In honor of our 25th Anniversary, consider giving:
- $2,500 to fully investigate a housing discrimination complaint
- $1,000 to resolve a RA request for a person with a disability
- $500 to cover one month of our daily classified ads in 6 area newspapers
- $250 to recruit and train one tester
- $100 to pay for one week of FHC tester mileage
- $25 to print 150 Fair Housing Know Your Rights brochures