Show your support for fair housing, fair lending, civil rights, and equal opportunity in Southeast & Mid Michigan by becoming a member of the Fair Housing Center.
- Individual/Household – $35 or more [personal membership]
- Professional – $50 or more [includes your name and organizational affiliation]
- Corporation – $100 or more
- Sustaining – $500 or more
Senior Citizens or unemployed may request a waiver/reduction in dues from the FHC Board
Joining the Fair Housing Center is a good investment in justice. Since 1992 the FHC has helped complainants file 86 lawsuits and recover over $2,100,000 in damages, while keeping all of our services free. These settlements keep the message clear — housing discrimination is illegal and expensive.
As a member, you will receive our newsletters, reports and other updates, along with notices and invitations to FHC events.
Here is what your membership dollars can do:
- $35 would defray the cost of printing Fair Housing law educational materials for the public;
- $50 would fund our toll-free phone line for one month, making it easier for potential complainants to contact the FHC;
- $100 would cover FHC tester mileage for one week, to investigate claims of illegal housing discrimination;
- $210 would fund three hours of work on a reasonable accommodation complaint for a person with a disability;
- $350 would cover one month of FHC outreach advertisements in area newspapers;
- $850 would entirely fund the cost of one test (two or more tests are normally needed for each complaint).
The FHC is a private nonprofit 501(c)3. We are a valued member of the GuideStar Exchange. We provide fair housing services to 1.2 million people eight Michigan counties: Clinton, Eaton, Ingham, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Monroe and Washtenaw.
You care about civil rights, justice, and equal opportunity. Please take this opportunity to put your convictions into action by using one of the Paypal buttons below. You can also send a check, written out to the Fair Housing Center, to PO BOX 7825, Ann Arbor, MI 48107. Thank you!
For a one time donation:
For a recurring donation (once a day, once a week, once a month, once a year – you choose – we offer ten options). Please use the Subscribe button below.