Show your support for fair housing, fair lending, civil rights, and equal opportunity in Southeast & Mid Michigan by donating to the Fair Housing Center and becoming a member today.
Members are what makes our successes possible. Successes like those on our litigation log or disability advocacy page. Successes that are deeply personal yet change the landscape in which we live. Membership dollars also go toward creating and distributing educational materials like our FHC Fact Sheets or allowing us to put on training and outreach events.
Our work is only possible thanks to the foresight and generosity of community members, businesses, and foundations.
Start your membership now by clicking on the “Donate” button:
- Individual/Household – $35 or more
- Professional – $50 or more [includes your name and organizational affiliation]
- Organizational/Business – $100 or more
Memorial or Tribute Contribution
If you would like to make a donation in memory of an individual (or make a donation to honor someone on a special occasion, i.e., anniversary, birthday, retirement, etc.,) you can use PayPal to make your Contribution. Click on the “ Donate ” button above and you will be linked to PayPal’s secure website and server to enter your donation amount and personal information. Please enter the name of the person you are donating for in the Notes section on PayPal (first page) and add an address if you’d like an acknowledgment card to be sent to a loved one.
You will receive an email confirmation of your contribution from PayPal and an acknowledgment of your gift from the FHC.
If you would like to set up a designation of the FHC as a recipient of memorial contributions for a loved one, please email us with the information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-979-3247.
Here are some examples of what your donation dollars can do:
- $35 would defray the cost of printing Fair Housing law educational materials for the public;
- $50 would fund our toll-free phone line for one month, making it easier for potential complainants to contact the FHC;
- $100 would cover FHC tester mileage for one week, to investigate claims of illegal housing discrimination;
- $210 would fund three hours of work on a reasonable accommodation complaint for a person with a disability;
- $350 would cover one month of FHC outreach advertisements in area newspapers;
- $850 would entirely fund the cost of one test (two or more tests are normally needed for each complaint).
The FHC is a private nonprofit 501(c)3. Our organization earned a 2019 Gold Seal of Transparency from the GuideStar Exchange. We provide fair housing services to 1.2 million people eight Michigan counties: Clinton, Eaton, Ingham, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Monroe and Washtenaw.
You care about civil rights, justice, and equal opportunity. Please take this opportunity to put your convictions into action. You can also send a check, written out to the Fair Housing Center, to PO BOX 7825, Ann Arbor, MI 48107. Older adults or people with limited/fixed incomes may request a waiver/reduction in dues from the FHC Board. Thank you!