FHC JOB DESCRIPTION
Intake and Administrative Specialist
Fair Housing Center of Southeast & Mid Michigan
The Fair Housing Center is seeking a qualified individual to provide programmatic and administrative support. This position will be based in Ypsilanti*; occasional travel may be required within our 10-county service area (Clinton, Eaton, Hillsdale, Ingham, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Monroe, Shiawassee, and Washtenaw Counties).
The Fair Housing Center actively works to investigate complaints of illegal housing discrimination. State and federal law prohibits housing discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, marital status, and age. Local ordinances in some cities also include protections for sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, and student/non-student status.
* The Fair Housing Center office is currently closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and staff are working full-time from home. Please note that this position will start work remotely, and will be expected to work from the office when we fully reopen.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- answering phones, conducting complaint intake, and providing appropriate referrals for non-fair housing calls
- monitoring and responding to a dedicated complaint email account
- collecting and analyzing data from complaint files
- assisting staff with event and training logistics
- assisting with various administrative tasks (copying, scanning, faxing, mailing, ordering office supplies, etc.)
- organizing physical and electronic files
- data entry on a cloud-based database
- other tasks as assigned
- ability to work independently while asking for help/guidance when needed
- proven time management skills
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- excellent attention to detail
- ability to maintain confidentiality
- fluency in both Microsoft Office 2013 and Google Drive applications
- demonstrated interest in advocacy, civil rights, disability, and/or nonprofit work
- experience conducting telephone intakes
- familiarity with social service agencies throughout southeast and mid Michigan
Please email a resume and cover letter addressing the above qualification to: Pam Kisch, Executive Director, at email@example.com. All materials must be received by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
$18/hour, 32 hours a week plus health insurance and paid time off. A laptop for FHC business purposes will be provided by the FHC while we are still working remotely. We will also offer a stipend toward phone and high-speed internet service.