Fundraising and Communications Coordinator
~ December 2022
Fair Housing Center of Southeast & Mid Michigan
The Fair Housing Center is seeking a fundraising, communications, and events coordinator. This position will work directly with our Associate Director to plan, develop, and maintain a comprehensive fundraising program, as well as amplify our general fair housing education and outreach efforts.
The Fair Housing Center of Southeast & Mid Michigan is a nonprofit civil rights organization working to investigate illegal housing discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, familial status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, income source, and student status. Based in Ypsilanti and with a satellite office in Lansing, we cover 10 counties: Clinton, Eaton, Hillsdale, Ingham, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Monroe, Shiawassee, and Washtenaw.
Responsibilities may include:
• Maintaining donor and prospect records in Salesforce donor management software, including gift tracking and acknowledgments;
• Coordinating virtual and in-person events. Confirming speakers, arranging for tech support, sending out training/event registration materials, communicating with attendees, and coordinating event materials;
• Assist Associate Director with seeking new corporate/foundation funding sources and maintaining relationships with current/past donors;
• Drafting of donor communications for both print and email appeals;
• Collaborating on fundraising strategy and tracking results;
• Marketing events (print and online);
• Posting email, web, and social media updates.
• Ability and desire to work with people from diverse backgrounds
• Great attention to detail
• The ability to think creatively
• Strong computer skills including Google, Microsoft, and database applications
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
B.A. or equivalent experience. One to three years of administrative/development experience preferred in fundraising and communications. Demonstrated commitment to civil rights. Familiarity with Canva, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Volunteer experience is a plus.
The salary range is $50,000 to $55,000, including health insurance, 3 weeks of paid vacation, and holidays. There will be a combination of in-person and remote work. This position is grant funded. Applications are accepted until the position is filled with priority given to those received prior to January 31, 2023. Please send a cover letter and resume to Kristen Cuhran Fuller (she/her/hers) at email@example.com.
Google Doc Job Description